1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Workers’ Compensation
  4.  » Appealing A Denied Claim

What To Do If Your Workers’ Comp Claim Is Denied

The medical expenses are piling up, you’re unable to return to work, and yet your workers’ compensation claim has been denied or you haven’t received the full benefits you think you need. What now?

Don’t give up. You have a few options for contesting a denied claim or resolving a dispute about workers’ compensation benefits.

  1. Contact a knowledgeable attorney who practices in the workers’ compensation field. Some cases are resolved through simply calling the insurance company and providing needed information or by convincing the adjuster that his or her denial was incorrect in the first place.
  2. If the case can’t be resolved or liability admitted, certain claims may be commenced by requesting a conference through the Department of Labor and Industry in St. Paul. Other claims are commenced by the filing of a claim petition through the Department of Labor and Industry that may eventually lead to an administrative hearing before a workers’ compensation judge at the Office of Administrative Hearings. In either case, it is beneficial to contact an attorney to guide you through the process and be your advocate.

I’ll Fight For Your Right To Compensation

An experienced attorney can make a significant difference in the success of your claim. With over 30 years of extensive experience in both negotiations and trial, I’ve helped thousands of injured workers in the Twin Cities’ north metro area and from throughout Minnesota get the workers’ compensation benefits they are entitled to.

Schedule A Free Case Evaluation

To give your appeal the best possible chance of success, please contact me to schedule a free consultation. Call the Law Office of James R. Nethercut, P.A., in White Bear Lake at 612-504-5763, or email me to set up a meeting. Your initial consultation is always free, and I’ll never charge a fee unless I help you receive benefits.

You don’t have to deal with the aftermath of a work injury alone. Call me at 612-504-5763 to learn how I can help.